Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

On a journey to change the world...


Several years ago I walked into a book store with a friend, browsing as I usually do, picking up a book here and there, reading a sentence or a paragraph, looking over the contents page, when I happen upon David Bornstein's How To Change The World. I read a little here and there and returned it to the shelf. A week later, I went back to buy the book. This isn't where it all started, but it was one of those times in life where I felt I was reminded by destiny what was important to me. Even with the stories of others making big changes in front of me, I wondered how one person amongst billions on this planet, can truly make a difference. How can I make a difference? I don't have many resources, nor do I know anyone particularly influential, how can I be a part of the solution? I know now I am not the only one asking these kinds of questions.

The last couple of months I have spent in the class called "How to Change the World" provided by Wesleyan University, made available free internationally thanks to coursera.org, which I stumbled upon in my search for free education online. I was pretty ecstatic when I found out more than fifty-five thousand students had signed up for the course. Finally, I was not feeling so alone. It was in this course that I found out all it takes is a few inspired and determined individuals to get the billions on board with the ideas that will determine the course of our future generations.

I created this blog as an avenue for discussion about major global issues that are facing our home planet and to find a community that cares and wants to evolve sensibly, with eco-friendly sustainable developments, ethically sound markets and governments, wide spread education, and a cooperative effort for truth, justice, and peace.

Sounds a bit idealistic? Of course! But every dream has a truth to it and even what people considered complete science fiction in the past, is now a normal part of our reality. Any accomplishment first starts with imagination!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy learning and sharing your own perspectives about the subjects that I bring to light in the coming weeks.

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one." ~John Lennon

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment